If you’re looking for ways to gain uplifting, positive messages, you’ve come to the right place.
Not only will you be blessed with refreshing and reviving words, you’ll also be more likely to spread some Christian Encouragement that brightens your day and the day of anyone you share them with!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure here.
Why is Christian Encouragement So Important?
Do you think that encouragement is overstated, that maybe we don’t need it all of the time? Let’s examine why Christian encouragement is so important. It’s actually comparable to food and water for nurturing our bodies.
We’re going to dive into why we should spread encouragement to those who not only love the Lord, but we also need to identify our downtrodden Christian brothers and sisters.
It’s easy to get discouraged and disheartened – we live in a world of sin and suffering. Yet, the Bible reminds us to counsel others, edify the body, and love one another.
If Christians were perfect, maybe we wouldn’t need uplifting messages or others for help. Yet, let’s be thankful that we can always go to the Lord for our spiritual food and edification.
How Do You Encourage Someone Spiritually?
Let’s look at a perfect example – of course, it’s Jesus! When Jesus released the Holy Ghost as he left the earth, he gave us a wonderful gift. It’s our helper according to John 14:26.
In other words, the Holy Spirit is our encouragement and empowering presence right inside us. We can call on Him day or night, 24 hours a day.
Before we start our day, we need to put on the Armor of God. In order to effectively do this, we must pray that God will be the ultimate comforter for us so we can spread the good news to others. Pray to the Lord that he’ll give you courage and strength on a daily basis.
In addition, make sure you jump into the Word for even more encouragement. Below we’ve included 20 Encouraging Bible Verses that will last you all week long.
Christian Encouragement Verses
The Bible is filled with verses of encouraging Scripture! It is almost as if God wants to encourage us and wants us to encourage others!
Here are 20 encouraging Bible Verses that are perfect for those who are stressed, struggling, or sad in the circumstances.
- Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.1 Thessalonians 5:11 NIV
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28 NIV
- I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. Psalm 32:8 NIV
- Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24
- Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13 NIV
- I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33 NIV
- All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty. Proverbs 14:23 NIV
- Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4 NIV
- When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:2 NIV
- But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 NIV
- The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8 NIV
- Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV
- I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2 NIV
- Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV
- And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25 NIV
- Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up. Romans 15:2 NIV
- What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31 NIV
- May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had. Romans 15:5 NIV
- Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16 NIV
Wondering where to get started? Here are some great ideas to brighten others’ days once your own Christian encouragement is activated through prayer and the Word.
- Take time to say hello to your co-workers, neighbors, or any connections throughout the day.
- Ask others how you can pray for them.
- Simply smile at those you pass by on the street or in your workplace.
- Memorize names of neighbors and acquaintances.
- Make sure to say hello and have a small conversation even when in a hurry.
- Find ways to encourage others such as making meals, cookies, or a simple card.
- When the opportunity arises, tell others the good news of your salvation message.
Don’t get discouraged by grumpiness or rude people, they are struggling with life too and need compassion during these stressful times. Pray, encourage, and love each other.
It is so important for Christians to have encouragement for a brighter day. Once you establish routines that inspire your mornings, you’ll easily share them with others. What’s your morning schedule every day? Make sure it’s set up for spiritual success!