Creating and selling digital products as a Christian blogger is a great way to provide valuable resources to your audience and earn a little side income. This is often a better and more profitable way to monetize a Christian blog because you are able to create products specifically designed for your target audience. While this may seem like a difficult task, creating digital products is actually easier than you might think!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure here.
Creating and Selling Digital Products as a Christian Blogger
Have you created something for yourself out of necessity because you couldn't find it elsewhere? Maybe it was a simple checklist or planner, or maybe it was a Devotional on a particular topic. Maybe it was something as simple as printable scripture cards or Bible verses that can be framed and hung on the wall.
Have you considered that your audience might also like and want these things as well? Creating and selling digital products is a great way to provide your audience with helpful resources and help you fund your blogging efforts and/or provide consistent monthly income for your family.
When I first started offering digital products, it was mainly blogging resources (courses, checklists, planning worksheets, etc) and they have been a source of consistent (and growing) monthly income for me.
Types of Products to Create as a Christian Blogger
The sky really is the limit on the types of digital products you can offer your audience. While some may be strictly “Christian” in nature (such as Bible Studies and devotionals), others could be more general in nature but specific to your niche such as checklists and other printables. Anything that you create as free “optin” for building your subscriber list can be improved upon and turned into a digital product that you can sell.
E-Books & Devotionals
Writing out a short E-book or devotional isn't too difficult. Often times, you can combine much of the content you've already published on your blog and turn it into a series of chapters that you can offer your readers.
- Carmen from Married by His Grace created By His Grace We Blog E-book specifically to help Christian bloggers getting started on their blogging journey.
- Aminata Coote from Hebrews 12 Endurance has published several books on Amazon but they are all available for download on Kindle.
- Sarah Frazier offers a really great Summer Psalms for Busy Moms 40-day Devotional.
Bible Study and Guides
Bible studies are wonderful resources to provide your readers. Many Christian bloggers offer them for free as a way to grow their email lists, but they can also be something you can create and sell from your blog. There are so many more expensive Bible studies sold by big-name companies so it is refreshing to find newer ones that aren't mass-produced and are more specific to a particular niche. Personally, I would prefer to buy one created by another Christian blogger than from a larger store. Below are a few created by some amazing Christian bloggers.
Arabah Joy offers several Bible studies and guides from her shop:
Cheyenne from Rosevine Cottage Girls has this Deborah Bible Study listed on Etsy.
Megan from Megan Allen Ministries has Rejoice Always: A Study of Philippians.
Another way to monetize your Christian blog is by creating checklists and other printables. These are super easy to make (I love using Canva) and can provide a valuable and efficient tool for your readers. There are so many things you can create an offer to make your Avatar's life easier or simply add a little more creative value.
- Jessi from Pray with Confidence created this amazing 365 Prayer Planner.
- Ashley from Undoubted Grace offers several amazing printable products such as Self-Care Planners, Prayer Journals, and Coloring Pages.
Do you often find yourself teaching others how to do something? Maybe it is crafting? Maybe it is more personal like improving their life? Digital courses have become increasingly popular in a variety of niche industries. People love to learn and they often prefer doing it at their own pace. I've been creating digital courses to teach blogging and Pinterest topics for about 3 years now.
Last year I launched the Kingdom Bloggers Academy specifically for Christian bloggers. While I do have a free course there, I primarily use it to manage my Kingdom Boot Camp and Membership which has proved super helpful in keeping track of everyone and all of the training lectures.
How to Create and Sell Digital Products
So, how exactly do you get started with creating and selling your own digital products?
There are several platforms that enable you to create your digital products and then others for actually selling them to your customers.
How to Create Digital Products
Fortunately, you don't have to be super crafty or creative to make eye-catching printables and other digital products.
I, personally, use Canva Pro for creating all of the digital printables that I offer.
How to Sell Your Digital Products
There are a variety of platforms that can be used for creating and selling digital products. It is important that you research each one to ensure it offers the tools that you need to effectively market your specific product.
For selling digital downloads, there are a few popular platforms that you'll often find other Christian bloggers using.
- Sendowl – I use Sendowl for selling the digital flat lay graphics. It is cost-efficient and super easy to use, and it enables me to offer an affiliate program so other bloggers can help me promote and earn a commission for any referred sales. I
- Gumroad is another popular selling platform for digital products. It also provides the ability to offer an affiliate program and is easy to set up and start selling your products from.
- Payhip is similar to Gumroan and is super easy to use.
- Etsy – is one that many bloggers get started with and use it in combination with one of the others mentioned above.
Read more about the pros and cons of each one to help you choose the right one for your needs.
For creating digital courses, there are 2 platforms that are highly recommended.
- Teachable – I use Teachable for all of my digital courses and to manage my membership program. Teachable makes it super easy to create courses, design high-converting sales pages and has the ability for you to offer an affiliate program for your courses. The pricing starts at $29/month.
- Podia is another great option to look into. It offers similar functions as Teachable and starts at $39/month. You'll definitely want to check out both to see the different abilities and options for customizing your courses to determine the best one for your needs.
Creating and selling digital products is a great way to monetize your Christian blog AND provide valuable resources to your readers. Get creative! Think of things that you enjoy and/or that you've already created either for yourself or as freebies for your readers. See how you can improve on them and turn them into digital products that you sell from your blog.
Be sure to also read:
- 4 Reasons Your Amazon Links Aren’t Converting as a Christian Blogger
- 4 Ways to Monetize a Christian Blog
- Affiliate Marketing for Christian Bloggers
- How to Create Printable Scripture Coloring Pages