Creating and selling digital products as a Christian blogger is a great way to provide valuable resources to your audience and earn a little side income. This is often a better and more profitable way to monetize a Christian blog because you are able to create products specifically designed for your target audience. While this may seem like a difficult task, creating digital products is actually easier than you might think!
BE SURE TO PIN ME FOR LATER!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full affiliate disclosure here.
Creating and Selling Digital Products as a Christian Blogger
Have you created something for yourself out of necessity because you couldn’t find it elsewhere? Maybe it was a simple checklist or planner, or maybe it was a Devotional on a particular topic. Maybe it was something as simple as printable scripture cards or Bible verses that can be framed and hung on the wall. Have you considered that your audience might also like and want these things as well? Creating and selling digital products is a great way to provide your audience with helpful resources and help you fund your blogging efforts.
This is actually what happened for me. As I began building Kingdom Bloggers, I struggled to find flay lay images that really reflected “Christian blogging.” Most of the ones you find are beautiful desktop flat lays with flowers, computers, coffee, etc. But I couldn’t find any that had Bibles or Devotionals in them instead of just regular books or planners. As it turned out, other Christian bloggers felt this same struggle. I began taking my own photos to use as templates for the KB Blogging Tips posts (especially for Pinterest) and other Christian bloggers started reaching out asking where I got them.
I decided to start offering various selections of color-themed Christian flat lay designs for other Christian bloggers to use for their blogs and social media. A few have even asked me to make their Pinterest templates using some of my images. All of this was born out of something that I created for myself and realized my audience needed (and wanted) it as well.
Types of Products to Create as a Christian Blogger
The sky really is the limit on the types of digital products you can offer your audience. While some may be strictly “Christian” in nature (such as Bible Studies and devotionals), others could be more general in nature but specific to your niche such as checklists and other printables. Anything that you create as free “optin” for building your subscriber list can be improved upon and turned into a digital product that you can sell.Creating and selling digital products is a great way to monetize your Christian blog. Here are some ideas and how to get started! #christianbloggingtips Click To Tweet
E-Books & Devotionals
Writing out a short E-book or devotional isn’t too difficult. Often times, you can combine much of the content you’ve already published on your blog and turn it into a series of chapters that you can offer your readers.
- Carmen from Married by His Grace created By His Grace We Blog E-book specifically to help Christian bloggers getting started on their blogging journey.
- Aminata Coote from Hebrews 12 Endurance has published several books on Amazon but they are all available for download on Kindle.
- Sarah Frazier offers a really great Summer Psalms for Busy Moms 40-day Devotional.
Bible Study and Guides
Bible studies are wonderful resources to provide your readers. Many Christian bloggers offer them for free as a way to grow their email lists, but they can also be something you can create and sell from your blog. There are so many more expensive Bible studies sold by big name companies so it is refreshing to find newer ones that aren’t mass-produced and are more specific to a particular niche. Personally, I would prefer to buy one created by another Christian blogger than from a larger store. Below are a few created by some amazing Christian bloggers.
Arabah Joy offers several Bible studies and guides from her shop:
Checklists and Printables
Another way to monetize your Christian blog is by creating checklists and other printables. These are super easy to make (I love using Canva) and can provide a valuable and efficient tool for your readers. There are so many things you can create an offer to make your Avatar’s life easier or simply add a little more creative value.
- Sarah Frazier offers a simple Bible Study printable workbook to help readers track and take notes on the Scriptures they are studying.
Do you often find yourself teaching others how to do something? Maybe it is crafting? Maybe it is more personal like improving their life? Digital courses have become increasingly popular in a variety of niche industries. People love to learn and they often prefer doing it at their own pace. I’ve been creating digital courses to teach blogging and Pinterest topics for about 3 years now.
Last year I launched the Kingdom Bloggers Academy specifically for Christian bloggers. While I do have a free course there, I primarily use it to manage my Kingdom Boot Camp and Membership which has proved super helpful in keeping track of everyone and all of the training lectures.Looking for ideas to create digital products for your Christian blog? Here are some ideas to get you started. #christianbloggingtips Click To Tweet
How to Create and Sell Digital Products
There are a variety of platforms that can be used for creating and selling digital products. It is important that you research each one to ensure it offers the tools that you need to effectively market your specific product.
For selling digital downloads, there are 2 primary platforms that you’ll often find other Christian bloggers using.
- Sendowl – I use Sendowl for selling the digital flat lay graphics. It is cost-efficient and super easy to use, and it enables me to offer an affiliate program so other bloggers can help me promote and earn a commission for any referred sales. I
- Gumroad is another popular selling platform for digital products. It also provides the ability to offer an affiliate program and is easy to set up and start selling your products from.
For creating digital courses, there are 2 platforms that are highly recommended.
- Teachable – I use Teachable for all of my digital courses and to manage my membership program. Teachable makes it super easy to create courses, design high-converting sales pages, and has the ability for you to offer an affiliate program for your courses. The pricing starts at $29/month.
- Podia is another great option to look into. It offers similar functions as Teachable and starts at $39/month. You’ll definitely want to check out both to see the different abilities and options for customizing your courses to determine the best one for your needs.
Be sure to also check out our Blogging Resources for Christian Bloggers!
Monetize Your Christian Blog with Digital Products
Creating and selling digital products is a great way to monetize your Christian blog AND provide valuable resources to your readers. Get creative! Think of things that you enjoy and/or that you’ve already created either for yourself or as freebies for your readers. See how you can improve on them and turn them into digital products that you sell from your blog.
Be sure to also read:
- 4 Reasons Your Amazon Links Aren’t Converting as a Christian Blogger
- 4 Ways to Monetize a Christian Blog
- Affiliate Marketing for Christian Bloggers
- How to Create Printable Scripture Coloring Pages