Are you looking for some Happy New Year Bible verses to meditate on as you ring in a brand new year?
As we kick off a brand new year, we will hear (quite often) the phrase “Happy New Year” from both strangers and friends.
The new year is a time for us to start fresh, and try to make the new year better and more fruitful/productive than the previous year.
A sure-fire way to get your new year started off on the right foot is to start it with God!
But what does the Bible say about a new year?
Let’s dive in and meditate on these Happy New Year scriptures!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure here.
What Does the Bible Say About a New Year
Our God is the God of making all things new! Being a follower of Christ means that we are made new in Him and our slate is wiped clean.
The Bible is filled with New Year scripture that reminds us that God has a wonderful future planned for us if we continue to trust Him.
You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:22-24 NIV
Most of us create New Year resolutions or goals for the New Year. While eating healthy and getting more exercise are definitely wonderful goals to have, it is more important that we ensure we prioritize God in those New Year goals.
According to Matthew 27:37, our entire purpose on this earth is “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.”
How do we best love the Lord our God with all of our heart? If we laser focus on steps that take us to that ultimate goal, we can be sure to get closer year after year. Meditating on key Bible Verses that concentrate on loving Jesus offers the best resolution.
Bible Verses for the New Year
This abundant collection of New Year Bible verses is perfect for spiritual renewal and growth in the coming year. Whether you are looking for new beginnings, love, hope, endurance, strength, and so much more, we’ve got the right New Year scripture, regardless of situation.
- For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
- Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him. Lamentations 3:22-24 NIV
- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV
- There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. Proverbs 23:18 NIV
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6 NIV
- And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17 NIV
- But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 NIV
- Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. Psalm 1:1-3 NIV
- Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all. Colossians 3:9-11 NIV
- There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. Ecclesiastes 3:1 NIV
Bible Verses for New Year Planning
As you determine New Year’s resolutions, consider your spiritual welfare. As a hopeful reminder, Ephesians 4:22-24 states that receiving Christ empowers us to toss out our former way of life. Instead, having a new attitude and putting on a new Christ-like self is key to spiritual success. Here are some inspiring Bible Verses as you set your goals for the new year.
- Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19 NIV
- In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9 NIV
New Year Scripture for Success and Prosperity
This treasury of New Year Bible verses about success is not about how we define victory. Instead, it helps us understand how God defines prosperity and how our perspective on life can change us.
- Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4 NIV
- To humans belong the plans of the heart, but from the LORD comes the proper answer of the tongue. Proverbs 16:4
- May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. Psalm 20:4 NIV
- I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
- Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. Proverbs 16:3
- Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. Luke 16:10
- Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17
New Year, New Blessings
Let’s get inspired with these amazing and powerful Bible Verses for a Happy New Year. We only have one life, let’s live it to the fullest.
As you determine the best plans for the new year, remember, each day is a blessing. It’s a new beginning, a new chance to uncover God’s purpose for you today. We are only promised this day, so let’s make the most out of each and every morning to count towards eternity.
What are your spiritual goals? Are godly resolutions the focus of your existence as we turn the page to a new chapter? It’s your book of life, how is it going to get written today?
Another great way to lay fertile soil for the new year is by deciding on a Guiding Word for the year.