As the pressures of taking care of our families and the many other responsibilities we moms have piled on us, our best defense against burn out is God. With this in mind, I have put together a list of encouraging Bible studies for moms and tried to categorize them so you can easily find the best fit for you.
The best way for us to be “good” moms is to stay grounded in our faith and seek out the truth God has provided for us in His word. Have you ever heard the expression, “you can’t pour from an empty cup”? That cup only becomes empty when we struggle to parent on our own. Fill your cup with Christ and watch your family grow.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure here.
The Best Bible Studies for Moms
Which is the best Bible study for you? The one that speaks to your heart and your season of life. God is good to encourage us and lead us into truth no matter where we are in life and no matter what our current situation.
Free Bible Studies for Moms
Who doesn’t appreciate free? I am amazed at the wonderful women providing encouragement online these days. These Bible studies are free and no less empowering than the ones with a price tag.
- Living by Design has a wonderful collection of free Bible studies. With titles like “Worthy of the Calling Bible Study” and “Wisdom Whispers” you will definitely find a Bible study that interests you.
- Ann Graham Lotz (Billy Graham’s daughter) has a free Bible study titled “Learning to Hear His Voice” that includes video, printable pdfs, and several other resources.
- A Season of Sowing by Heather Kernick Carr is a free online study that includes videos, printable study guide and prayer journal, daily scripture reading and prayer prompt all intended on bringing you closer to God and His work in your life.
These are just a few of the free online Bible studies available for women and moms. Be sure to check out these free online Bible studies for women to find even more!
Bible Study for Busy Moms
Bible study for busy moms is kind of a misleading heading because show me a mom who is NOT busy. Right?! Both of these Bible studies are meant to be used during short periods of time throughout your day. First thing in the morning, during nap time, while you are feeding the baby or sitting in the car waiting to pick up your kids from school and activities.
Often times we want to reserve a big chunk of time for God in our day, but the truth is, God wants to connect with us many times throughout the day.
●Like-Minded Musings has wonderful free Bible studies called “Moms Pocket” studies referring to the short pockets of time throughout our day where we can pause for a moment and reflect on God.
First 5 App is designed for 5 to 15 minute Bible reading and devotions to help you start your day in God’s word.
Bible Study for Working Moms
These Bible studies for working moms are also meant to be short. They are perfect for connecting with God on your drive to work, lunch break, or as you unwind at the end of the day.
- She Reads Truth is a great website that includes many options for busy working moms. They offer podcasts, Bible reading plans, daily devotions, and an app for easy access. Their goal is “Be a Woman in the Word Every Day” and they provide the resources to do that.
- Write the Word Journals are perfect for busy moms. They are a great way to focus on a passage of scripture and lead you into meditating on the word of God without going into a time consuming study.
Bible Studies for Moms and Daughters
As parents, it is our responsibility to teach our children about God. This responsibility takes many faces from teaching them how to pray, encouraging them in God’s love, and preparing them to face a fallen world.
Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. (Deuteronomy 11:18-19)
These Bible studies for moms and daughters give an opportunity to not only teach God’s word, but to foster your relationship.
- Just Mom and Me Having Tea is a delightful devotional for moms and daughters intended to bring you closer together and closer to God.
- Rachel and Leah- Teen Girl’s Bible Study Book What Two Sisters Teach Us about Combatting Comparison. Doesn’t the title alone make you want to go out and grab a copy? I know many women (raising my hand here!) who struggle with comparison. Let’s help our daughters develop godly thoughts on the topic before the insecurities set in.
- We Saved You a Seat by Lisa Jo Baker has two books, one for teen girls and one for women about learning to cultivate godly friendships. You can read the teen one together or each read your own and discuss them.
Bible Studies for Moms and Sons
If you are a boy mom, you will know that they are a different creature! Our responsibility as moms is to prepare them to be strong men of faith. These Bible studies for moms and sons will help you teach them God’s truth as well as keep communication open.
- The Armor of God is a teen Bible study that is great to work on with your son, but also has a companion adult version which provides an opportunity to study both separately and together.
- From a Boy to a Godly Man by Katy Leigh Foster and Christopher Foster studies the life of David and encourage your son to grow a heart after God’s own. A perfect book to read with your son.
Bible Studies for Moms Groups
Of course, the Bible studies in this group would also be great for individual study, but isn’t it enlightening to study God’s word with other like minded women? Nothing bonds us moms together better than God’s spirit.
- Twelve Women of the Bible: Life-Changing Stories for Women Today by Lysa TerKeurst, Elisa Morgan, Amena Brown is a 12 session small group study. It takes a look at 12 women from the Bible, the spiritual lessons they learned, and how we can apply those lessons to our lives today.
- God’s Wisdom for a Mother’s Heart is a 7-week study that encourages women of all stages of life to grow a deeper relationship with Christ. This book provides questions for personal growth as well as group discussion.
- Families Where Grace is in Place by Jeff VanVonderen takes a look at your relationship with God, your relationship with your husband, and your relationship with your children, providing helpful advice based on the concept of grace.
Are you ready to get started? Which of these Bible studies for moms are you heading for first? Do you have a Bible study that has encouraged and taught you? Share it in the comments below!
Be sure to also visit our Bible Study Resources library to find even more tools to help you grow stronger in the Word!