With so many of us practically glued to our cell phones these days, it is more important than ever that we ensure we keep God’s word within close reach. There are a ton of random apps that you can download – some are actually helpful in your daily life – but others are simply time-suckers. Fortunately, there are a lot of really great apps for spending time in God’s word. Here are some of the best Bible study apps for women that you can try out to see which one is best for you!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full affiliate disclosure here.
Bible and Bible Study Apps for Women
The best Bible study apps provide easy referencing of specific Scripture, but also provide creative ways of studying them. The whole point is to make it engaging so you’ll want to use them and actually retain what you read. For most women, the business of life – being a mom, a wife, working, etc – make it more and more difficult to really find some quiet time to dive into the Word. With these christian apps for women, you can easily schedule time each day and literally have the Bible right at your fingertips.
What Are Some Good Bible Apps?
There are actually many different Bible apps to choose from. Really, each person may find one that works better for them based on certain features that it offers. Here are some of the best Bible apps that women are using today.
You Version Bible App
This is the most well-known and popular Bible study app and it is completely free! I love this one because you can compare scripture among many different translations. In addition to simply reading the verses, there are literally hundreds of reading plans including devotionals, as well as plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
- Turn Bible verses into shareable art.
- Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
- Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
- Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
- Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
- With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
- Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
Blue Letter Bible App
Dig deep into God’s Word with over 30 Bible versions, audio Bibles, text and audio commentaries, Hebrew / Greek lexicon, concordances, dictionaries, advanced word searches, and more. Customize your reading experience with rich color themes, fonts, auto-scrolling, and parallel version views. Personalize your study with highlighting, underlining, and note taking options – all with Cloud back up.
- Perform advanced word study searches using the many available dictionaries and encyclopedias
- Listen to the Bible and audio commentaries
- Christian Standard Bible (CSB) comes free & installed as part of the core Bibles!
- Read different Bible versions side-by-side
- Share verse passages to iMessage, Email, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and more
- Bookmark your favorite chapters with visual indicators in the app and organize them in custom folders
30 Day Bible Study App
Designed to help you make progress in Bible study by these effective bible study plans. By fully following the bible study instructions on the scale of 30 days, 30 Day Bible Study Challenge increase bible study efficiency step by step, so you can easily stick daily bible study. Don’t need a printed Bible, just take out 30 Day Bible Study Challenge and spend some time each day, 30 Day Bible StudyChallenge will greatly help you grow your faith.
- Offline Bible study: Every day up to 30 days, you are able to access bible study and have full functionality when you are offline.
- 30 Day Bible Study Challenge provides the guide that allows you to perform powerful searches through your entire Library of Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, and more.
- Highlight verses, take notes on verses, as well as bookmark Bible verses.
- Plans to 30 days help you grow your faith meanwhile, free downloadable reading plans on various topics, books of the Bible, or specific biblical characters.
- King James Bible included (more available in-app)
- Share to social media: You are able to share your bible study accomplishment with your friends from inside the app to Facebook.
Bible.is offers mobile access to Scripture in more languages than any other Bible app, and includes access to hundreds of dramatized Audio Bibles as well as the JESUS film. READ the Bible, LISTEN to the Bible, and SEE the Bible as never before anytime, anywhere in the world! Access the Bible in over 1,800+ languages—all at NO COST to you.
Best Women’s Daily Devotional App
Technology is great, isn’t it? Instead of toting around a heavy Bible or Devotional book, we literally have the ability to access them from our phones! This makes it so you can literally keep God’s Word within fingertip reach all throughout the day!
What is a Good Daily Devotional App for Women?
Daily devotional apps are great because they give you the verses to read and meditate over each day. Many of them also provide additional context to help you apply it to your daily life. These daily devotional apps for women are easy to use and also enable you to connect with other women for a sort of group devotional study!
First 5 Bible Study App
Transform your time with God using the First 5 app, developed by Proverbs 31 Ministries. We believe in giving the Lord our firsts! So it only makes sense for us to give Him our first thoughts of each day. First 5 was specifically designed to greet you with a short teaching in God’s Word first thing in the morning before you get distracted by social media and everything else screaming for your attention. It will equip you to better study and know the Word of God.
- One Chapter a Day: Unpack books of the bible, focusing on one passage of scripture per day.
- Highlight, Save and Share: You can now highlight any portion of our daily teachings to bookmark, share, or add a personal note. Review your notes and activity through your Profile and use the new export feature to save them to your device.
- Reminder Functionality: Set up a reminder in the app and choose a custom message to bring you into the Word.
- Daily Scriptural Teaching: When you turn off your First 5 reminder, you’ll go straight to a daily Teaching.
She Reads Truth Devotional App
The She Reads Truth Bible and Devotional App is a beautiful, functional, and accessible Bible-reading tool created to help women from around the world to connect with God’s Word and each other, anytime and anywhere. Whether your Truth time comes in the early morning before the world wakes, during a lunch break at your desk, or in the middle of the night with a baby in your arms—the She Reads Truth app brings your quiet (or not so quiet) time to you, right where you are.
- Full-text Bible in multiple translations
- Free and paid Bible-reading plans, with new content added daily & full-access, monthly auto-renewable subscription available
- Ability to highlight, bookmark, share, and take notes as you read
- Real-time commenting that syncs with the She Reads Truth web site
- Free, downloadable lock screens for your phone (an excellent tool for Scripture memorization!)
- Free “Bible In A Year” reading plan that tracks your progress as you go
Best Audio Bible App
What better way to spend your morning or evening commute to work than hearing God’s Word? Connect an audio Bible app to your car’s Bluetooth and get your Bible study on while heading to work or driving home! Audio Bible apps are also great for long walks or while doing housework.
Daily Audio Bible
The Daily Audio Bible takes you through the whole Bible in a year one day at a time but it’s a lot more than that. This isn’t just your basic listen along. There is a vibrant and global community going through the Bible together tens of thousands strong. You have to experience it to believe it.
Best Prayer Apps
Need help keeping track of all your prayers and prayer requests? These prayer apps help keep track and give you reminders throughout the day to take time to pray.
Echo Prayer App
Echo lets you keep a list of every single one of your prayers. You can add as many prayers as you want, categorize them, delete old prayers, and even mark prayers as answered so you can see how God is working (and remember to thank Him!). You can easily set up push notifications or emails to remind you to pray for your prayers, prayers that others have shared with you, or prayers from your groups. Reminders help you engage with God throughout the week, even when you find yourself busy with life.
Bible Study Made Easy
These Bible study apps for women are such a great way to ensure you are getting your daily dose of Scripture each day. Let’s face it – women juggle a ton of activities every day and often let their time with God fall to the wayside. The apps make it easier to have God’s word at your fingertips no matter where you are or what you are doing. As Christian women, ensuring we get our daily dose of God’s word helps us keep Him close throughout the day and better prepares us for any type of spiritual warfare that comes our way.
Do you have a favorite Bible study app that isn’t listed here? We’d love to add it to the list! Also, we’d love to hear how you integrate using these apps into your daily routine.
Be sure to also read:
- The Best Devotional Books for Young Women
- The Best Women’s Bible Study Coloring Journals
- The Best Bibles for Teen Girls