If you are getting ready to start a Christian blog ministry, you will definitely need to research your choices for web hosting. Choosing the best web hosting for blogs is so important for ensuring your site is running smoothly and efficiently – and doesn’t go down while you are sleeping. You can’t share Jesus with the world if your site isn’t accessible – which happens quite often with many hosting services. I’ve listed five reasons why Siteground is the best web hosting for Christian blogs.
If you are just getting started on your Christian blogging journey, be sure to read How to Start a Christian Blog which walks you through 10 steps to launch your ministry!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full affiliate disclosure here.
Siteground – The Best Web Hosting for Blogs
You may find other web hosting services out there for a little cheaper, but if you want quality and the peace of mind that your Christian ministry is up and running, then you should definitely start with Siteground. I’ve used other services before – I actually started my first blog on Bluehost – but had so many issues with my site going down all the time. I switched to Siteground and haven’t had an issue since. Here are 5 reasons why I love Siteground:
- Siteground is faster! Site speed is a huge factor in keeping readers on your site. If your Christian blog takes a bit to load, the potential reader may just close it out and find another site to read.
- Excellent and FAST customer service! Any time I’ve needed to contact them for a question or inquiry, the Chat function gets someone chatting with me almost immediately. With many other hosting services, you may be waiting for some time to speak/chat with an actual representative.
- They are SAFE! In doing my research for a good web hosting service, I found that Siteground had the fewest issues of any other web hosting service.
- They provide a free SSL certificate which is super important for ensuring your domain is HTTPS
- When your Christian blog is hosted with Siteground, you can sleep well and know that your site is running smoothly with no issues.
Siteground vs Bluehost
Like I mentioned before, I started with Bluehost. Almost from the start, I would wake up to log into my site and get an error message. This seemed to happen almost every other week! The last straw was when it went down for almost five days – right before the holidays! The best web hosting for blogs is one that has minimal (or zero) downtime. Even though most Christian bloggers don’t consider their ministries a business, it is. Your “business” is sharing Jesus with the world and you can’t do that if they can’t view your site.
How to Get Started with Siteground
To begin the process of hosting your Christian blog ministry with Siteground:
1. Start by signing up with this link.
2. Enter or register a domain. If you already purchased a domain elsewhere, you can enter it – or enter a domain that you’ve already verified is available for purchase.
3. Decide on the package want. You can start with the StartUp package, which gives you the ability to have up to 10k monthly visitors to your site. Or you can choose the “Grow Big” plan which is able to support 25k monthly visits. The Grow Big plan also enables you to host more than one site under the same hosting plan. If you think you might want to launch another site in the future, you’ll definitely want to choose the Grow Big plan.
Keep in mind that when you first sign up, you are getting a huge discount (through my link above). If you later upgrade, you will pay the higher amount. Many new bloggers choose to signup for 12 months at a discounted rate, not realizing that in a year they will have to spend much more. I highly recommend signing up for either 24 or 36 months if you can afford to (long-term savings).
4. Ensure the boxes show the plan and duration that you want to purchase. If you are purchasing a new domain, you will need to pay for the domain registration fee. You should also purchase the domain privacy and site security add-ons. Once you have all of the necessary boxes checked, simply enter your credit card info and check out!
Once the transaction is complete, you should receive an email with instructions for the one-click WordPress installation. Once that is complete, you are ready to start customizing your website! You should also go into your Siteground cPanel and create a domain email address as you will need this for setting up your email subscription services.
Migrating to Siteground from Another Hosting Service
If you are currently with another web hosting service and want to switch to the best web hosting for bloggers, follow these easy steps:
- Initiate the migration by calling (or starting a chat) with Siteground
- Once you complete the transaction, you will receive an email with further instructions.
- If you chose the Grow Big plan, Siteground will take care of the migration for you. This can take up to 24 hours and you will receive a confirmation email from Siteground once it is complete.
- Once the migration is completed, call your previous hosting service to notify them of the change. If you have remaining time on your subscription, be sure to ask for a pro-rated refund of your remaining balance with them.
Siteground IS the Best Web Hosting for Blogs!
Starting a Christian blog is such a rewarding endeavor and a great way to share your love of God through your writing. Choosing the right web hosting service can definitely help to keep your ministry running smoothly – especially when you don’t have a background in web development and coding. I have nothing but great things to say about using Siteground since making the switch to using them for all of my websites. There have been times when I’ve had issues on my website and thought it was the server. I use the chat feature and the technicians are always immediately available to help. As it turned out every time, it wasn’t their server that was causing the issues – it was a conflict with a plugin that I had installed. They always identify the issue and help me to fix it (not just tell me how to do it).
Be sure to also read these other helpful posts on getting your Christian blog up and running!
- Benefits of SEO for Christian Bloggers – SEO Matters!
- How to Start a Christian Blog – 10 Steps to a Successful Launch
- Pinterest for Christian Bloggers – The Key to Growing Your Christian Blog Ministry